The first working meeting of the Argentina-Paraguay-Brazil border region was held at the Rafain Palace, Foz de Iguazú on August 13, 2019. It was attended by 41 people from different public, private and academic institutions of both countries .
The meeting had an official opening by:
- Luis Rappoport, National Director of National Policies of the Ministry of Interior of Argentina
- Paulo Pitanga do Amparo, General Coordinator of the International Cooperation Unit, Ministry of Regional Development, Brazil
- Jean Carlos Alberini, Technical Manager of theParaná Development Agency (APD)
- Claudio Aguilar, Vice Secretary of Development and Investments, Ministry of Industry of Missions
Juan Carlos Salazar of Technopolis Group made an introduction to the INNOVACT project and María Pierrestegui, the INNOVACT focal point for the region, presented the analysis of the value chain in Iguazú. Two European experts attended and held the following presentations:
- Dolores Ordoñez, from TURISTEC, "Smart Tourist Destinations"
- Patricia Miralles Marugán, from the Tourism Technology Center from the Andrés Bello University, "Intelligent Tourism as a strategy for diversification and value generation"
Finally, the participants were distributed in work tables where the main challenges for the innovation of the Iguazú destination and the opportunities for the growth of ICT in tourism were discussed.
The previous day (August 13), a briefing of the working meeting was attended by 21 actors of different levels.